Thursday, June 18, 2020

Met Life Insurance interview experience for Sales Manager

Met Life Insurance interview experience for Sales Manager


I want to give you a quick and easy way to get started preparing for your job interview.

Wouldn't it be great if you knew exactly what a hiring manager would be asking you in your next interview?

If you’d prefer to get started with a free resource before paying for a coach or a program, this tutorial is designed to get you up and running with the basics for acing your next interview.

Although I am self employed, I hardly say, "NO" to job interviews. I used to regret for interviews in insurance sector. But One day I just thought to go for it so that I can analyze myself. Generally I go for job interviews as if I were on a company visit to know more about the concerned company, its staffing solutions, to know more about its working area etc.

Here, I am sharing one of my recent interview held with Met Life Insurance, New Delhi.

My appointment was fixed by a job consultant for vacany of Sales Manager. I reached at the venue approx. 15 minutes earlier. As I already had gone through many interviews, I simply knew the questions to be asked there. My interview was held by Agency Manager. He was very professional while talking and I bore the same attitude while replying.

Almost all interviews start up with one and only question,

"Tell me about yourself".

Believe me, this question sounds very innocent but actually its the decider question for the interviewer whether he should interview more with the candidate or drop it.

best reply: One should always begin with present status of his/her position in the company the candidate is working and then step by step should go back. Answer should contain your company profile, your designation and working in the company, your qualification etc. Answer to this question should not take more than 5-6 minutes. Candidate should remember never to move hands or fingers while replying any of the questions or talking.

As I've mentioned above, I always reply in that manner and the interviewer went to another question.

2. What are your greatest strenghts?

Best reply: you should have list of your strengths and corresponding examples from your achievements. As a general guideline, the 10 most desirable traits that all employers love to see in their employees are:

* A proven track record as achiever.
* intelligence...management
* honesty...integrity
* good fit with corporate culture..a team player
* positive attitude
* good communication skills
* dedication towards work
* clear goals
* high level of motivation
* confident...say a leader

His next question was:

3. what are your greatest weaknesses?

best reply: disguise a strength as a weakness. Example: I have both the qualifications and a strong desire to achieve excellence in whatever I take on.

I replied to him that to achieve my target, I push my team very hard or say I push them under pressure but once when our team completes target, we do nourish them with rewards.

So the basic key used by me was to tell a stength as if telling a weakness that actually does good for company.

He was looking as if he had all the interview questions in front of him. I caught this by watching continously his expressions.

4. Why you are leaving your present employer?

best reply: Always talk about the company where you are sitting to hit the interview. Show as if you are willing to move in that firm and you do have career interest in that firm. Talk a little bit about your present employer confessing that you are really thankful to him that he provided to you such a good opportunity but now you are looking for more challenging job to grow and to learn more and ofcourse for more money.

My reply: Frankly speaking, I am looking for new challenging job that will provide me to handle more resposibilities and where I can learn more while fullfilling my job requirements. Last but not the least ofcourse I want more money.

He was smiling after my this reply. I actually disguised him 50-60% for what he wants in his employee. He served his next question to me:

5. Why you wanna join our firm?

Best reply: this question is your opportunity to hit the ball out of the park. You should have done all the homework about the firm. If you haven't, you lose but if you have, you win big. As I already know about the firm so it was easy to me to reply. Company deals in insurance sector which is a very fast growing sector dealing public in bulk. I do have the required potential and the best part of insurance sector is its - incentive programs to employees. Yes, they pay heavy amount if target is cracked.

6. What are your career options?
My reply: well, I wanna go ahead to make my career in "Fund Management". Most of the insurance sectors rely upon their Fund Managers to grow the funds they invested in market. They have high potential and are managing such a great job. I would like to see myself there. So, in order to achieve that I think I must start from Insurance sector as in insurance , there are basically seven kinds of funds to be managed to grow the invested amount.

He was quite surprised at my this reply and he started asking me question based on marketing. He asked me about my present working method and the responsibilities I need to manage.

I replied : I am business development executive. I am provided with a team of total 8. Out of them, 3 are tele marketing executives and rest 5 are marketing executive. My job responsibilities are- direct and indirect marketing, closing deals with clients, distributing leads generated by tele marketing executives among marketing executives, data analysis, documentation etc.

He was quite impressed by me uptill. Then suddenly he became calm. I knew this. He was actually trying all interviewing techniques to me. Well, friends whenever if you have to face "SILENCE" by the interviewer then best way to reveal it is to ask him,

" could you please tell me more about the priorties, qualities, attitude you are looking in the employee to deal with the said position"?

Believe me, you will definitely done up to your first round. Means you clear your first round of interview as I did. After that he simply started talking to me and telling me what he wanted in his employee and I was supposed to be fit in that.


After that, He took a break and told me that I have to wait for my second round.
My second round was almost as alike first round but the difference was that in my second round, there was a panel of 4 persons to interview me.

They asked almost same questions. I remember, one out of them asked me to sell a product. I was asked to give a demo to them how I deal my client. Then I took one of them as a buyer of property and started dealing him.
Remember, before selling any product one must have its complete knowledge and shoud have idea of requirements of the buyer. I asked in demo the buyers requirement and according to his requirement, I suggested him a property to buy in Faridabaad. Also I provided best ways of providing financial helps for him.

Friends, I knew my result at that time. They simply congratulated me and asked about salary.

Hmm...now this was the only question left. AS I knew I got the track in my hand.
Best way is first of all ask what the new employer is offering and simply say," The company must have established a pay scale range for the said position. Could you tell me whats that? How much this position pays?"

In reviewing these responses, please remember that they are only examples. Please do not rehearse them verbatim or adopt them as your own. They are meant to stir your creative juices and get you thinking about how to properly answer the broader range of questions that you will face.

No comments:

Post a Comment